Thursday 7 January 2016

Reflections



When it came to my reflection shoot, I didn't want to have the same images of everyone else. Therefore I left the shoot until the weekend so I could travel to different places, maybe also go into Leeds. However, The Apperly Canal flooded and the fields around it also. Although it was sad as some people homes were also flooded, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get some reflection images as the water on the fields were calm. This image was one of the last images I took as I was walking back to the car. I chose to take this image because all the other images I took had a focal point and non were a broad reflection of just nature. Personally, I think that the idea of this image was good but, the space in the foreground takes away from scene as for me, it's the first thing my eyes are drawn to. The reflection is very sharp and you can clearly see it which is the whole point of the image therefore, I like this image.

I really enjoy this image as the calmness of the water creates such a striking reflection, almost like you've places a mirror under everything. Evidently, the main focus of this image is the line of poles, however, when you follow the leading lines down into the background, you come to the reflection of the tree. Then you're onto the landscape and you can see the reflection of the trees that are out of the image. Which then leads to the goal, creating a perfect rectangle. Personally I think the lighting really compliments the colours nicely. The whites are white but not too bright that it take the blue away from the sky. the trees are brown however, the grass isn't washed out. I really enjoy this image.


This image is definitely my favourite. The reflection of the 4x4 is there however, the wave created by its force adds something else to the reflection. The placement of the car is perfect as it draws your eye straight to it and you can clearly tell that that is the intended focal point of the image. Also, the colour of the car draws your attention even more as it contrasts with colours of the background.

The lighting of this image is probably one of my favourites as the low light really hits the little boys face. perfectly. It creates an almost halo like lighting on the left side of his face. Also, I like how it's lively and the fact it's natural. A little boy playing in the water. I also like the fact that the reflection isn't so obvious but you can still clearly see it. Also the people slightly to the right also have a large part of the image although they aren't the main focus of the image. They balance everything out as the boy is slightly to the left. Although the main focus of the image doesn't need to be in the centre, the darkness on the bridge would off balance the image.  

No comments:

Post a Comment