Thursday 12 November 2015

Final Images / Typography

My main goal for my final images was to create something simple. I didn't want them to include too much as it would've taken away from the simplicity of the old covers. Personally, I think my covers represents each decade well and the typography plays a part in that. I've incorporated different techniques so it gives a varied look to each one. All look different to the last and they all have an individual look.

1960's;



1970's;
light my fire erma franklin

1980's;


Additional;



Typography-
To create my Typography for all my final images, I opened my image into photoshop and selected the text tool. 

I then select the area where I want my typography to be, keeping a hold of the left clicker.

I then clicked the first rectangular drop down bar to select different fonts of writing. To see if I liked it or not, I wrote the title in the box first, highlighted it and then run through the different fonts. 

Personally, I liked 'Fang Song' the most. For the text to tie in with the image, I needed to change the colour. To do this I selected the small white box and chose a colour on the image.

Then I clicked the tick and placed the typography in the area I wanted it.

I chose Fang Song because I thought it was simple enough to not over power the image itself but enough to get a different font. I chose to use a colour that was already included with the image as it would all tie in together without anything standing out more than the other however, by placing the typography in a area that is empty, it makes it stand out but again, not too much to the point where it over powers it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment