Thursday 12 November 2015

Landscape / Half Term Task

Two rural images;

My main focus for these images were simplicity. I didn't want my rural images to have too much detail as I wanted to capture the difference between the quit countryside and the busy city. Although I personally think I achieved this in this particular image, there is still enough detail to attract a viewer. The main and only source light was the sun, located  slightly to the right. With the combination of the cloud and fog covering the sun, it created a soft shadow of the trees on the grass. Another factor of this image that I enjoy is the light clouds, as they look fluffy and again, not to harsh. Tying in with the simplicity aspect. Going into another smaller detail of the image is the people. Although I did want the image to look calm, I didn't want it to look empty. Everything ties in with everything else and overall I like this image. However, the one thing I wish I could change but can't due to hills, is the quality. As I didn't want to shoot this image as a low angle image, I had to place myself on an even hill. Because of this, I had to zoom in and then crop with causes the image to be slightly more pixelated.

As the first rural image was mainly just flat, I wanted my other to have more depth. To do this, I went to the widest part of the lake and shot down through the lake. By doing this, I captured the varied sized trees but also the different sized birds. The larger ones being closer to the lens and the smaller ones being in the background. Again, I didn't want the image to look too full which is why I decided to shoot down lake as it got the bare water as well as the birds. The flying bird in the top right hand side was completely accidental however, I really liked the extra detail in the sky. As well as the first image, the main and only light source was the sun however, the image overall is a lot darker than the last as it was completely hod by fog and cloud. 
Two City Images;

With this shot, I wanted the clock to be in the shot but I also wanted the full body of my model in. Because I wanted both in, I needed to get low to the ground, creating a low angle shot. Like the last two, the main light source is the sun, but was hidden in the cloud. The day I shot this image was rainy and cold which is why the floor is puddled and the reflections appear however, it wasn't till I came back and looked over my images properly, did I realise how well the reflections looked. I wish I would've shot some more images focusing on the reflections as I think it would've given a really nice effect and I more than likely would've used one as my final prints. Besides this, I like really like this image.  

My main aim for this image was to get the people moving enough to see the effect without it looking blurred but not so much so you can't see them. The first few times of shooting this image the shutter speed was too long, causing the people to completely disappear. It took a while for me to get the shutter speed right with the aperture as I wanted it dark so 'The Broadway' stood out. I like this effect because it looks 'alive' and busy. Personally, I think it represents a typical city well. 
One Night Image;
At first, I had my shutter speed on 1/125 and my apature round about f/8 however, on live preview to warm of the oranges in the Windows complimented well with the fountain without taking the attention away from it. With this in mind, I changed my shutter speed to 2 seconds to get the movement of the water in. I also liked the reflection of the lights in the water. Also, I liked how you can still see the light breaking through the clouds at the top of the picture. It gives a bit of natural light without spoiling the darkness and the silhouette of the buildings. 
Contact Prints;











No comments:

Post a Comment