Friday 27 November 2015

Task 1b- Primary Research Digital

Contact Prints-










Evaluating-

 Whilst shooting, I knew I wanted to include a few beauty images. So, I went to the hair and beauty part and asked if it would be possible to shoot some images. The lighting for this image is artificial however, because the room is glass, a lot of natural light also was available. Non-the-less, the main light source was artificial light that was already located around the mirror, which is the glass. I chose this image out of all of them because its not the most obvious reflection and I like that. Also, the woman doing the make-up has a natural smile of her face. The lighting hits the woman having the make-up done beautifully, highlighting all the high points of her face. 

The main light source for this image is artificial however, because it was during the day, I turned my aperture down so not a large amount of natural light was coming through. The whole ides of this image was the leading lines of the lights, which are the glass, as well as the light covers. I wanted a close up of one of the lights to make it clear of what the lights were. I did shoot a lot of images trying to get the angle and the light exposure right, including a low angle shot but personally, I didn't like the effect. 

This image was shot in Centenary Square during a bright but cloudy day. This combination made perfect conditions to shoot reflection images as the sky wasn't too bright that it washed the reflection out. The only light source was natural, I didn't feel the need to use flash as it was water. If I did use the built in flash, it would make the water transparent, illuminating the reflection of the building. The glass is the water, it has the same elements therefore, I could use it. I really like this image overall, it has a nice effect to it. 

This image is of the waterstone cafe roof. I really lied the old architecture and feel of this building so I thought I'd try to capture its essence in an image. Personally, I think I did that however, the image isn't as good as I hoped. I originally wanted to be centre of the beams to shoot the clean straight lines however, when I got to position I wanted to shoot, there was desks and a private area forcing me to shoot slightly from the left. One of the idea's when we was given the brief was stained glass. I knew a lot of people would go to the Cathedral however, I really want to venture out from the usual spots and have different images however, I still wanted the intricate detail of the glass and when I found this, I knew that I could do that. 

This image is probably my favourite. Its of Christmas lights reflected into my cracked screen of my phone. Originally, I was taking a picture of the reflection in the silver rectangle that the lights were placed on however, I didn't like the image as it was too simple and not a lot of detail within it. I then checked the time on my phone and thought of the idea. Although its quite simple, I think it gives a really nice Christmas Vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment