Sunday 27 September 2015

Sunday Dinner




By shooting portrait, it allowed me to get at least a part of all the different foods on my plate. The depth of field also emphersised all the different textures, with the Yorkshire puddings being the main focus. 
As my kitchen isn't well lit, I shot next to my window however, my kitchen is located to the back of my house and by the time I actually shot, it was roughly 5pm, which meant the sun was in the front of my house so the lighting isn't as good as I would've liked. Because of this, the contrast in colours isn't as bright as I wanted them to be. Not only in this one but in all the images. 

For this image, I wanted to try get the birds eye view image however, because my camera wasn't directing above the plate, facing straight down, it didn't exactly go as planned. 

The cabbage had the most interesting pattern on it so I thought a close up of it would give a varied picture selection. Again, I wanted it to be bright but when I lowered the aperture, it looked over exposed. The built in flash made a glare on the plate & took away the intricate detail. 

I also wanted an 'action' image of someone pouring gravy over the plate and although it does give a little more detail into the image, it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I wanted to create a high quality splashing of the gravy onto the food but the lightening not only didn't work for the colours but it also lowered the quality of the images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment