Thursday 24 September 2015

Oh Crumble!

Contact Prints;













Edited Images;

This image was shot in the kitchen studio using natural light from the window. The peach biscuits were purposely placed in the middle as they are different from the blue and white and I knew, if I  placed the peach at either end, it would look out of place. I like the simplicity of the image however, it's till has detail to look at. For example, the depth of field gives an almost 3D effect to the image. Also, there is no noise in the background which keeps the main focus on the biscuits. 

For this image, I tried getting a birds eye view of the biscuits but because I shot free hand, it didn't work as well as I hoped. However, if I reshot I would use a tripod to get the correct position. This again was shot in the kitchen studio using the natural light coming through the window. The lighting makes the colours nice and bright without being so harsh. 
Because the last image of the Birdseye view didn't work as well as I wanted, I placed my camera slightly lower on an angle. Again, this image was shot in the kitchen studio using natural light however, the lightening is a little dark for my liking. The shadows of the biscuits, especially the middle ones, just creates such a darkness to the image and because I wanted these biscuits to have a bright and clean feel to them and the shadows just take that feel away from the image. 

I chose to evaluate this image because it has some positives and negatives. I chose to crack the peach because it contrasts again the white and blue. Also, the crumbs on the image are in focus. However, there wasn't as much crumbs as I would like and when I rubbed the two pieces of biscuit together to create more, they were so tiny that it wouldn't even make a difference. The lighting again is natural, from the window in the kitchen studio. 

Again, I wanted these images to have a homely, light feel to them. This particular image i like because of the contrast in lightness and darkness. The top of the pile of cookies are lit by the natural lighting the kitchen studio. The bottom is hit by the shadows of the top cookies, creating shadows on the chopping bored so it draws your attention around the image and into the crumbs. 

This image is probably one of my favourite as my idea is fully portrayed. The main focus is on the cookies as there isn't any noise in the background. Also the natural light hits them perfectly to show of the textures and contrasting light and dark Browns of the cookies. The shadows created are noticeable but they aren't harsh, only creating a 3D effect to the image. 
This image was shot in the studio using artificial light. I chose to shoot the biscuits from the back so I could catch the icing dripping down the back for extra detail. I placed the biscuits on an angle so I could get all the biscuits in. The light colours work really well with the white background and muted brown of the chopping board as they aren't really contrasted. 

Again, this image was shot in the studio. This is probably the image that I like the least due to the darkness and the  contrast of the cookies. I could've used a lower aperture however, the overall image is a contrast to the rest of the images that I took. 
Because I was shooting in the studio, I wanted to include a person in my images to bring it to life. I chose to put this image in black and white because this laugh was natural and I wanted the 'iconic' laughing image. I shot landscape so there wasn't too much body of my model as that would've drawn the attention away from the cookie. I also had her looking towards the left as I didn't want the image to appear flat.

 As well as shooting this image, I shot her the opposite way just to show you how it would've looked portrait, with more of her body and a forced smile and expression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment