Monday 28 September 2015

Wednesday Task- September 30th

For this task, I have decided to photograph cupcakes. However, because it is close to Halloween, that will be the theme.

 These images will be shot in the kitchen studio so I get the feel of where the cupcakes were made. I want to use the natural lighting from the window as it will emphasis the feel of a kitchen. Also, because greens, purples and oranges come hand in hand with Halloween, I don't want to use artificial light as I think it would be too harsh. I want to avoid harsh light with bright colours as it will pop the colours too much to the point where its the only part of the image you can focus on. 

My main focus is obviously going to be the cupcakes however, I do want some other objects in some of the other images to give different feels and looks. For one of my images I want a model to be in the left hand side of the frame with her back to the lens. The cupcakes will be located just to the right side of her so they are easily in the frame. By doing this, I think it will give a really nice feel to the images. I might also include a jug of milk with a glass, as it ties in with cake but also gives a little more to look at in the images. 

The photoshoot will take place on Wednesday 7th October, at roughly 1:30pm as it will be the brightest time of the day. Also, my model is only available after 1pm. The kitchen studio arrangements will have to be sorted out between me and my tutor. 

The camera I will be using to shoot with will be a 100D canon with a standard 18-55mm lens. I will also be using a tripod to eliminate any camera shake however, I wont be using my tripod for every image. I will also be using a light meteor  to know what aperture I need to be on. 

As well as doing my main photoshoot of the Halloween themed cakes, I also want to do another one contrasting with this. Perhaps a pink and girly shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment