Friday 2 October 2015

Cupcake shoot & extra shoot

Risk Assessment;


Contact Prints;







To start of, I wanted to creat a well put together, organised set up. I almost wanted to create leading lines with the others to lead to the main focus. This image was shot with artificial light as i wanted full control of where everything was placed, including where I wanted the light to hit. I had light coming from the left and right so it illuminated everything and earesed shadows. The texture of the icing contrasts to the bun casing which contrasts with the smoothness of the paper it's placed on. The light has also hit the plastic  sprinkles scattered around the muffins which has mirrored the colour onto the cases of the muffins. 

As well as grouped muffins, I wanted individual images. Again, this was shot in the same place. I love the contrast of the brown of the bun with the striking black of the icing. Especially when it comes to the texture. As the muffin if light and fluffy, the roughness and the sharpness of the icing really comes to life. Also, the colours with the plastic sprinkles really compliment well with with the colours on the icing. 

Because I personally thought the black looked so good under the artificial light, I decided to do a close up of the icing. I really wanted the light to illuminated the high points of the ridges in the icing and I think it did exactly that. Due to me actually decorating the muffins myself, the icing isn't perfect but I think it adds it the theme even more.

Cupcake shoot 2;







Because my theme was Halloween, I wanted to do something the complete opposite. Again, shot with artificial light, I wanted to create a depth of field but I also wanted as much cupcakes in as possible. This is why I chose to do it in a diagonal line so the front cupcakes will still be there and the detail will still be noticeable but the main focus will be the middle cupcake. Drawing the attention straight to the middle then will automatically work work its way up/down the image. 
I liked the outcome of that image so much, I wanted to test it again but with fewer cupcakes. Although it still works, it's not as intense as I would've liked. 

Unlike the last two images, this image was shot with natural light. My model naturally tiled her hair to the right so I thought that if I tilted my camera the same way the littlest bit, it would make the image look as natural as possible as it would be following the natural lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment