Thursday 8 October 2015

Poster Power

To start off, I opened Photoshop. I then created a new paper by hovering over 'file' then clicking new. I set the preset to international paper and the size to A3. I then opened the image that I wanted the poster to be based on. I did this by again, hovering over 'file', selecting 'open' and then choosing the folder the image is in and then double clicking the image. 

Of course, because the first poster is Halloween themed, I wanted to add extra Halloween themed things. I went onto Google images and selected the image I wanted. For example, the witch. I then saved it into my pictures and then opened it in Photoshop. I then clicked and dragged the image over onto my poster and adjusted the size by hovering over 'edit' and then selecting 'free transform.' To keep the image looking the same when shrinking the image, I held down shift. This stops any dis-figuration to the image. I then repeated the same steps with the bats and the spider. 

To create my logo I simply added text and chose my font. To create the little cupcake, again, I went into Google images and searched for cupcakes outline. I then repeated the steps to add it to my poster. I then chose the knife tool to delete the white outline. To add a little more to the text, I lined the spiderweb of the spider to the 'R' in bakery. 

I did the same for all of my posters however, the last two have different themes. 

The second poster I chose to use my image of my model because it has the friendly appearance of customers. Also, because her face looks angelic, emphasised by the soft lighting, it is really welcoming to customers. 

Of course, I wanted to keep the soft feeling throughout the poster so I decided to use baby pink as a pop of colour. Obviously, I didn't want the colour to be too bright as it would've taken away from the main focus which was my product being modelled. 

I loved the outcome of the second poster so I decided to do something similar however, all in colour. I wanted to carry on with the light airy feel to my posters so I chose a close up of a pink cupcake with a white background. By having no noise in the background, the focus is strictly on the product.

 As the cupcake case was red, I wanted to choose a similar colour that complimented the red without contrasting with it. If I chose a contrasting colour, it would make them harsh and that was something I wanted to avoid so, because of that I chose a light grey. 

Social media is probably one of the main factors for advertising so for each poster, I added a social media tag so 'Buttons Bakery' can be easily found.

1.

2.

3. 




No comments:

Post a Comment