Friday 20 November 2015

Final Evaluation

Final Evaluation;

Task 1-
For task one, we was given a research task. I really enjoyed this as I liked researching and finding out about the different aspects of photography, along with different techniques. Whilst researching 1970's, I stumbled upon a photographer called Eugene Smith. After researching him for a while, I fell in love with his work and the things he went through to get them Unfortunately, I realised that practically all his work was before the 70's and the reason his name came up in the 70's was because he died in the 70's. That meant I had to find a new photographer to research however, I really enjoyed this task.

Task 2-
For task 2, we was asked to photograph two rural image, two city images and one night city shot. For my rural images, I wanted to get some different shots in different locations and because I have family living near manor heath park, I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I enjoyed travelling and trying out different locations and techniques and finding out what works with landscape and what doesn't as I don't usually photograph landscape images. The one thing that annoyed me but I got used to was how many people wanted to know what I was doing but, its something that come hand in hand with photography, regardless of what you're shooting.

Task 3-
Task 3 was probably the most time consuming and stressful task of them all. Mainly because I didn't want to do the obvious artists. I didn't want to have the same artists as everyone else. Because of this, I had to research different ethnicity artists including German and French. I came across a French artist for the 1960 however, because she was French and also from the 60's it was hard to translate and then to even find the actual cover. The next two were easier to find however, finding the actual covers was the hardest part.

Task 4-
Task four was personally my favourite part of this project. Working with different way to lighten an image using just natural light was stressful, especially when I couldn't get it right but when I did, I was over the moon. Because I want to be a fashion photographer, I enjoyed shooting portraits on location. I also liked how I had to think about where I was going to place my model, what direction but I also enjoyed the freedom of choosing my own background. Unlike studio's, on location photography gives you a varied choice and completely re-creates the image. Silhouettes were another thing I really enjoyed. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this project however, because I was ill for a week of this project, I felt rushed to get my images. I know the images aren't my best, I'm still happy with them. I thoroughly enjoyed this project. Another thing that I enjoyed was shooting the astrophotography star trail images, although there were a few failed attempts as well with the coldness, when you put your images together, it all became worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment