Monday 6 June 2016

Technical Folder

Here is my technical folder where I will be showing/telling you the different ways in which I have edited my final images for my final major project. I have chosen to edit all my images on photoshop.


The reason I have chosen photoshop as my editing tool is because you can accomplish different things. If I need to change my images dramatically then I know I have the tools to do so. As well as the opposite, if I need to tweak something a little, I know I'll have no problem in doing so. Also, I am very familiar with this editing software as I have been using throughout the whole two years of studying.


Editing Colour Images:

This is an image that I took during my trip to York, using this time to photograph the communications side of my project. As you can see, there is a lot of colours from green to red to purple and yellow. Before shooting the image, I took time to see if it was a happy interaction or not, which it was. Therefore, I want to make it brighter and more contrasted. Also, I want to check and see if the bench is a straight line. If not I  will adjust it to be as straight as possible so the image becomes more appealing to the viewer.

Personally, I don't like to use the contrast tool in photoshop as I think it is too intense and doesn't balance everything together. Instead I like the use the 'grammar correction' tool as it balances everything together and doesn't burn the image.

To do this, I open photoshop and import my image that I want to edit. From there, I click 'Image' that is located on the top bar. Then click 'adjustments' where another list will appear. Click 'exposure' and then the box will appear.

There will be three different options however, with colour images, I only use two of the options. Those being 'Exposure' and 'Grammar correction.' I personally, love the effect both of them have together.

After playing with different intensities, I will then save my image.

Edited-
As you can see, the colours are much more loud and the aura of the image has become very happy. Also, I straightened the image so the bottom of the bench was perfectly straight to the bottom of the image.








Side by Side-

Editing Black and White Images:

This image is from my Habits side of my project where I wanted to capture a habit that most of us have developed. As you can see, this image lacks contract and is very dull. Again, I want to edit my images to the theme of what the image holds. For Habits, I want to make all of my images black and white and I've photographed the habit of smoking. This is because the tar from cigarettes, turns your lungs black.




The process to editing black and white is very similar to editing colour however, I drop the image into black and white and also use all three tools this time.

To drop my image into black and white, I simply open photoshop followed by opening my image. Select 'Image', 'Adjustments' and in the second section, selecting the black and white option. (Alt+Shift+Ctrl+B) Then following the steps of the previous image, I open 'Image', 'Adjustments' and then 'Exposure.'

From there, the option box will appear again and I will work my way from bottom to top starting with 'Grammar correction' I do this because I feel starting from the exposure then going on to grammar correction, it doesn't balance well and you end up adjusting the exposure again.

With black ad white, I like to use the 'Offset' option as it gives an almost faded look when turned up however, I use it as lightly as possible so it's not dramatic.

Edited-
As you can see from the top image, you have a lot of contrast throughout the image in comparison.










Comparison-



( As the fashion side of my project was shot on film, I didn't do anything technical to my images)

No comments:

Post a Comment