Friday 22 April 2016

Presentation








'So to begin with, I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do. I wanted to capture the essence of the 70's/80's which is broadly associated with the hippie era. However, whilst looking through images such as these, I realised the resources that I had access to, wouldn't be enough to create what I wanted, especially because i had such a specific thing in mind. 

As I knew that I wanted to photograph people, not knowing yet how, I went into my primary research with a 135mm lens and used that time to experiment and get to know the lens with just my model and location. I learned that the lens is great for still shots however, falls short at the movement shots. This is because it either took too long to focus on manual, or took too long to focus in automatic. Weather it was because it was my first time using it or not, I'm not sure. 

For my holiday task, I hadn't completely given up on my previous idea therefore, I took that time to experiment with that. To create an old feel to the images, I shot through the viewfinder of an old film camera. Although I liked the result of the images, it just didn't do it for me. So, after researching different types of photography that include people, I chose to do proper in general but focusing on three main subject. Fashion, communication and habits. I thought this would be different to photograph and give some good end results. 

York I really enjoyed as it was a change in scenery and there's a lot more diversity within the community there. Because of this, I wanted to focus on communication as the place gave a different vibe to me, so would the people give a different vibe to each other?  

I then went on to researching how I wanted my fashion images to look and these are some of my inspiration images. I want to create a very relaxed feel to them.'

No comments:

Post a Comment