Thursday 25 February 2016

'Under my Umbrella'




For my umbrella shoot, I wanted to create different images using the umbrella without doing the normal poses. I like this image as the umbrella isn't the main focus in the image. Although its obviously there, it isn't the first thing your eye is drawn to. I also like the fact that the model doesn't look to put together and the umbrella isn't fully closed. Also, the soft boxes in the back weren't firing causing this grey tone to the cover however, I think it works well.









I really wanted to do silhouettes as it gives various ways to have umbrella images. Although this image is nice, it's the smaller detail I enjoy the most. From the detail of the fingers that you can still see to the strands of hair that you can see.
















I wanted to photograph the inside of the umbrella. To do this without making the umbrella look like a black mass, I knew I had to make sure the spines on the inside were well light. By moving the snoot lower and directing it into the umrella instead of onto the model, I was able to do this. I like this image as its photographing the umbrella without being so obvious.















I wanted to try photographing the model threw the umbrella and personally, I really like the turn out. Although it is a little dark, I still think it is very obvious what I was trying to do. I also like the fact you can see the hair out of the umbrella. It makes it obvious it is a person.










This image I'm not to keen on. I personally think the umbrella looks awkward and it doesn't look natural in the slightest. I also think the model looks like she's modelling too much for such an everyday item.
















No comments:

Post a Comment