Thursday 7 January 2016

Comparison Shoot

IContact Prints:









Colour Film:


 Digital:
With these two images, I was really hoping for similar images. My aim was to create the surroundings dark so the lights were the main focus of the image; which I achieved on digital however, the film image came out way too bright. To the point where you can hardly see the detail of the lights. For this comparison, personally, the digital image looks better. 

Colour Negative:

Digital:
The point of this image was to capture the modern feel but with the wood. On the film image you can see that the warmth of the wood has completely disappeared and the tonal blues of the glass is really powerful creating a very cool feel. Then on the digital image, the warmth of the wood and the glass are really complimenting each other. Therefore, I like the digital image better quality. 
Colour Film:

Digital:
I really loved the whole set up of this and because it incorporated glass, I could take the image. On the first image which is the film image, the yellow of the homemade juice is very bright. Also, the reflections of the lights above are very strongly reflected onto the glass. It overall just has a very busy feel to it. On the other hand, although of the same thing shot straight after, it feels completely different. The warmth of the lights, the wood and the orange tones give a very calm and almost homely, welcoming feel to it. Therefore, in my opinion, the digital is better quality. 
Colour Film:

Digital:
Last but not least. These were probably the hardest to choose on which one I liked better however, again I have to say the digital. The warmth within the lamp makes it look inviting and like it's alive however, the film makes it look abandoned. 

When comparing them side by side, I have to say I don't enjoy colour film. Personally I think it takes the warmth of the images away by muting the oranges and reds. On the other hand, digital isn't as fun as film. But, I really do enjoy black and white film as it creates classic images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment